When the new Stampin' Up! catalogue was first available to view online for demos, I not so patiently waited for it to download so I could virtually flip through every last page. There were so many amazing stamp sets and accessories that it was hard to decide what to order first, but I knew the minute I saw Dandelion Wishes it was a must have.
I fell in love with the combination of whimsical images and fabulous fonts. So the minute I received my order it was the first set to see ink.
This week's Global Design Project is a colour challenge and I thought it would be fun to play along. The colours themselves are rich and bold but I knew if I used them as watercolours they would soften and be the perfect combo to use with the stamp set.
To create the watercolour washed background I started with a lighter touch and with an Aqua painter picked up some of the ink that I had squished into the top of the ink pad. I alternated each colour, lightly washing in across the paper. Using a paper towel I picked up any excess water. To get the more concentrated splotches of colour, I slightly off dried the brush and picked up quite a bit of the ink then lightly squeezed the Aqua painter until drops on colour landed on the paper. I let these drops run slightly and soak in before blotting up the excess with paper towel.
The sentiment was stamped using StazOn ink on Vellum Card stock and punched out. I layered it on another punched piece of Basic Black card stock that hard been stamped with Whisper White Craft Ink. To add some texture I used some ribbon and metallic thread behind the punched pieces.
All supplies used for today's card can be found below and as always please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.